The gorgeous Sierra Leonean Nigerian beauty Hadiza Salma Blell, better known by her stage name Di’Ja is a recording artist, model, fashion designer and song writer. The multi talented Sierra Leonean Nigerian singer, who is signed to Marvin Records is definitely a new face in the music industry to look out for. There is no doubt that the bodacious bombshell is quite appealing to the eyes and that is probably why she is making waves in the Nigerian music industry.
Below is 10 interesting things you probably didn’t know about the DoroPrincess, Di’Ja:
1. Di’Ja was born on the 14 of August in Kaduna, a state in north-west Nigeria.
2. Her father is Joe Blell, a former deputy minister of Sierra Leone and her mother is from Northern Nigeria, Zaria.
3. Di’Ja has two degrees, one in Biochemistry and the other in Psychology.
4. Her music career began in 2008 when she released her first album titled “Rock Steady”.
5. She was signed to Marvin Records in the year 2013 but only publicised in 2014.
6. In 2008, she won the Best New Artist award at the Beat Music Awards in London.
7. Her first official single “Yaro” was released in February 2014 under Marvin records.
8. In 2010, Di’Ja was one of the opening acts for Akon performance at Sierra Leone’s 49th Independence anniversary.
9. Di’Ja looks up to musicians like Lauren Hill, Bob Marley, The Everly Brothers, Tracy Chapman and Tupac Shakur for inspiration.
10. On the 1st of July 2015, Di’Ja signed an endorsement deal with Gobacom.