The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia’s notability guideline for biographies. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Osinachi Kalu|
|Occupation(s)||Gospel singer, songwriter|
|Years active||(or –present)|
Sinach (born Osinachi Kalu) is a multi award-winning Nigerian Gospel music singer, songwriter, and senior worship leader at Believers Loveworld. She is known globally for several gospel hits songs which include, ‘WayMaker’, ‘I Know Who I Am’, ‘Great Are you Lord’, ‘Rejoice’,’He did it Again’, ‘Precious Jesus’, ‘The Name of Jesus’, ‘This Is my Season’, ‘Awesome God’, ‘For This’, ‘I stand Amazed’ , ‘Simply Devoted’, ‘Jesus is Alive’ and many more.
In 2016, she was the first recipient of the LIMA Song Writer of the Decade Award,recognizing her outstanding and undeniable contribution to gospel music in the past decade, with her songs being sung in many countries, translated to many languages, on all continents of the world. In 2016, she received the African Achievers’ Award for Global Excellence, putting her in a prestigious list of Africans which include Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu,Joyce Banda, Richard Mofe-Damijo, Fadumo Dayib, Babatunde Fashola, and a few more. Also in 2016 for the second time in a row, she won the Western Africa Artist Of The Year by Groove Awards in Kenya, and was listed by YNaija alongside Chris Oyakhilome, Enoch Adeboye as one of the top 100 influential Christians in Nigeria.
- Chapter One
- I’m Blessed
- Shout it Loud
- From Glory to Glory
- Sinach at Christmas
- Sinach Live in Concert- The Name of Jesus
- Waymaker- Live
Sinach is the second daughter of seven children. According to Sinach “I chose that from my name Osinachi because it is easy to pronounce and catchy” She got married to Joseph Egbu on June 28, 2014 at Christ Embassy Church, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
As a songwriter she has written over 200 songs and won several awards. Her song ‘This Is Your Season’ won the Song of the Year award in 2008. Many of her songs are sung by several churches and people all over the world. One of her most popular songs is ‘I Know Who I Am’.
Sinach has performed in several countries including Kenya, at Citam Karen church, South Africa, USA, Antigua & Barbuda, Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada, Uganda at the Miracle Centre Cathedral- a church led by Pastor Robert Kayanja, Barbados The British Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
- Daily Media (May 26, 2016). “Who is Sinach”. DailyMedia Nigeria. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- “Sinach”. 9999CarolSingers. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- “Biography of Top Nigerian Gospel Singers”. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- Sinach. “Biography”. sinach.org. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- daman Joshua Olayinka Bunmi. “Osinachi Kalu “Sinach”, An Extraordinary Nigerian Star.”. konnectafrica.net. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- Loveworld News (November 22, 2016). “Gospel Artiste Sinach honored with Song Writer of the Decade”. Loveworld Music TV. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- Iheoma Hendy (2016). “Winners 2016 African Achievers Awards”. Buzz Nigeria. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- Groove Awards (December 12, 2015). “Groove 2015 Winners”. Groove Awards. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- Tolu (May 1, 2017). “Yemi Osinbajo, Poju Oyemade, Chioma Jesus and more – See list of 100 Most Influential People in Christian Ministry in Nigeria”. Ynaija. Retrieved July 20, 2017.
- “The Name of Jesus: Sinach Live in Concert by Sinach on Apple Music”. iTunes. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- “Waymaker (Live)”. iTunes. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- “Nollywood/ Nigeria No.1 movies/ films resources online”. www.nigeriafilms.com. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- “Biography Of Gospel Award Winning Songwriter, Vocalist & Singer Sinach – Daily Mail Nigeria”. dailymedia.com.ng. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- “Sinach hold live concert in Uganda – Wazobians”. wazobians.com. Retrieved 12 August2017.