Here’s the fast rising singer, Mayorkun biography, real age, wikipedia, cars, houses, endorsements, songs, music career, awards and nominations.
- Real Name: Adewale Mayowa Emmanuel
- Stage Name: Mayorkun
- Date Of Birth: 8th April 1994
- Place Of Birth: Osun state
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Record label: Davido Music Worldwide (DMW)
- Net worth: $120,000
Who Is Mayorkun?
Mayorkun is a fast rising Nigerian singer and song writer who rose to fame with his hit single “Eleko”.
He was born on the 8th of April 1994 at Osun state part of Nigeria to the Adewale family. His father, a professional musician and his mother, Toyin Adewale, a popular Nigerian actress while his uncle, Segun Adewale is also a musical artiste.
READ ALSO: Toyin Adewale(Mayorkun mother) Biography
Mayorkun attended Living-Spring Montesorri and Hi Grade College for his primary and secondary education.
He obtained a B.sc degree in Accounting at the University of Lagos.
It all started when he quit his bank job and got signed on the same day into Davido Music Worldwide by Davido after he came across Mayorkun’s few seconds video where he resang Davido’s song.
Ever since he was signed into DMW, Mayorkun has been growing consistently dishing out hits back to back.
His first ever hit song “Eleko” produced by Puffy Tee was given a visual treatment which gained more than one million youtube views on the first week of its release.
Mayorkun who said he looks up to the likes of Davido, 2face Idibia, Pasuma and King Sunny Ade, has also given music lovers a tip of he’s got to offer.
Here are his songs:
- Back 2 Back Ft. Davido and Dremo
- Love You tire Ft. Mr Eazi
- Prayer Ft. Davido
- Tonight (Nonso Amadi Cover)
- Touch Down
- Che Che
Awards & Nominations
The talented singer has surely been compenated up to some extent for his hardwork. 2016 was a great year for.
In 2016 City People Entertainment Awards, he was given:
- Most promising act of the year.
- Choice song of the year for “Eleko”.
- Best new talent.
He also got the Rookie of the year award at the headies Hip Tv awards in 2016.
5 Other Things To Know About Mayorkun
The singer got his stage name from the combination of Mayowa and Kun.
- Mayowa is part of his anme while kun which mean boy was gotten while he was watching a Japanese film wher a boy was called “Kun”.
- The singer gor inspiration for his “Eleko” while he asked a girl out and she turned him down saying he does not have the money to take care of her.
- Mayorkun said he does not have a baby mama because his actress mother, Toyin Adewale is not ready for a grand child.
- Mayorkun reveals he drinks a lot but not to the extent of getting drunk.
- He left his banking job to pursue a career in music.
Social media profile
Connect with Mayorkun on instagram @iammayorkun and twitter @IamMayorkun.