Elizabeth Benson (born 1966) is a Nigerian evangelist and actress. She began acting when she was just a kid. She became popular when she featured in Fortunes, a television soap opera in 1993. Liz Benson played the part of Mrs. Agnes Johnson in the soap, which ran for about two years on the Nigerian Television Authority network.In 1994, her role in Glamour Girls, a very successful home video film that focused on the theme of prostitution, literally changed her fortune after Fortunes. The movie shot her into prominence and gradually she warmed her way into the minds of millions of Nigerian movie fans. Surprisingly, just when her rating as a leading actress had begun to rise even higher than expected, Benson suddenly quit acting in 1996. She became a born-again Christian and started preaching the gospel. The Efik-born actress, took another shot at marriage after her conversion. In a quiet court ceremony in Abuja, She got married to Bishop Great Emeya in 2009 at the Rainbow Christian Assembly in Warri, Delta State. The couple are deeply involved in a Christian evangelical ministry. While Benson is an evangelist, her husband, Emeya, is a pastor in Warri, Delta State.
Liz lost her husband (Samuel Gabriel Etim) while around her mid-twenties. Liz said that she actually gained strength from his character and that made her be able to carry her and her kids through the loss.
Some of her more popular roles include her role as Titubi in Femi Osofisan‘s Morountodun and as Mrs. Agnes Johnson in Fortunes, a soap opera that ran for about two years on Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Channel 10. She acted in a number of Nollywood video-films such as Evil Men 1 and 2, Shame, Conspiracy, Izaga, Burden, Stolen Child, Faces, Dead End, Tycoon, Glamour Girls, Body of Vengeance and a horde of other movies.
- The Editor. “Liz Benson Biography-Movies and Husband”. My Bio Hub. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- “Liz Benson makes a comeback”. The Nation. Retrieved March 14, 2015.
- Ademola Olonilua (March 10, 2012). “From showbiz to the pulpit”. The Punch.
- Kemi Lawal. “MY MISTAKES BELONG TO THE PAST – LIZ BENSON”. Nigeriafilms. Punch.
- “Check out Liz Benson, Frederick Leonard, Mimi Orijekwe in upcoming series”. Pulse Nigeria. Chidumga Izuzu. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- http://kokolevel.com/2017/03/liz-bensons-daughter-lilians-pre-wedding-photos-adorable-see-photos//Koko level Blog