2Baba attending the album release party for his sixth studio album, The Ascension.
|Birth name||Innocent Ujah Idibia|
|Also known as||2face Idibia|
|Born||18 September 1975
Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria
Innocent Ujah Idibia (born in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria), known by his stage name 2Baba, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, record producer and entrepreneur. Prior to July 2014, he went by the stage name 2face Idibia. He is one of the most decorated and successful Afro pop artists in Africa, and is also one of the most bankable artists in Africa.
2Baba has received one MTV Europe Music Award, one World Music Award, five Headies Awards (Hip-hop award), four Channel O Music Video Awards and one BET award for his musical work, four MTV Africa Music Awards, one MOBO award, one KORA award, and numerous additional nominations.
Innocent Idibia was born in Jos, Nigeria. He is from the Idoma ethnic group in the southern part of Benue State, in central Nigeria. He attended Mount Saint Gabriel’s Secondary School in Makurdi, Benue State. He enrolled at Institute of Management & Technology, Enugu(IMT), where he did his preliminary National Diploma course in business administration and management. While attending IMT, he performed at school organised shows and parties, as well as other regional schools such as the University of Nigeria and Enugu State University of Science & Technology. He eventually dropped out to pursue his music career. While attending IMT, 2face Idibia started composing and singing jingles at the GB Fan Club at Enugu State Broadcasting Services (ESBS) in 1996.
Also in 1996, he adopted the stage name “2Face” (Tuface). He cited the reason as “trying to demarcate my personal life with my business life.
In Plantashun Boiz
He moved to Lagos and started performing with rapper Blackface Naija. He had met BlackFace while attending IMT. With Blackface (Ahmedu Augustine Obiabo) and with musician Faze(Chibuzor Oji), he went on to form the trio band Plantashun Boiz.
Plantashun Boiz released two successful albums: Body and Soul (2000) and Sold Out (2003)under the Nelson Brown’s owned Label (Dove Records) before disbanding in 2004. Relations were marred for many years during which the band broke up and its members started their solo careers. Long after the break-up known as the “Faze vs Tuface” beef, the band came back together in 2007 for the purpose of recording a third and final album entitled Plan B (2007).
After the disbandment of Plantashun Boyz in 2004, all band members sought separate musical careers. 2face Idibia released his debut solo album Face 2 Face (2004), which established him as a viable solo artist.
Following the release of his debut album, he released his second album Grass 2 Grace in 2006, which contained hits “One Love”, “True Love, “4 Instance”. He is the founder of Hypertek Entertainment.
He released a promotion album in 2008 called The Unstoppable releasing the single “Enter the Place”. Problems with album distribution in 2007 caused as shift of the release date of the album from 2008 to early 2009. In 2010, 2face released an “international edition” of the same under the title The Unstoppable International Edition making him the first Nigerian artist to have an appropriately priced international album. 2face released two more singles from the international version of his Unstoppable album. The international edition of the album won two awards at the 2010 SoundCity Music Video Awards. He also won the Channel O Music Video Awards Best African Western award and the MTV Africa Music Awards for Best Male and Artist of the year.
Upon leaving the music label Kennis Music, he set up his own record label known as Hypertek Entertainment. He is part of the Sony All African One8 Project alongside seven other musicians across Africa recording a single with R. Kelly and Prince Lee titled “Hands Across the World”. He is the first non-Liberian to become an honorary member of the Liberian music society in recognition for his outstanding contribution to the growth of music in Africa. He has been named Red cross ambassador society of Nigeria. 2face has several collaborations all over the globe, giving his collaborators the opportunity to win an awards for each duet such as street credibility by 9ice, possibility by p-square and lots more. He is adored by his colleagues and every entertainer in Nigeria music industry as a role model. 2face and heavy weight American Rapper Jay Z met in NYC 2014.
2face Idibia has also been an ambassador for quite a number of brands including Guinness, Nigerian Breweries etc. He is also the brand ambassador for National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
FORTYfied All-Star Tribute Concert
The FORTYfied All-Star Tribute Concert, stylized as #FORTYfied, was an all-star tribute concert organized by 2face Idibia to celebrate his 40th birthday and influence in the music of Nigeria. Hosted by Basketmouth, the STAR Lager Beer-sponsored concert was held on 20 September 2015 at the Eko Hotel and Suites Convention Centre. The concert was attended by dignitaries and featured performances from notable musicians including Wizkid, Burna Boy, Timaya, D’banj, Sound Sultan, Patoranking, Vector tha Viper, Wande Coal and Seyi Shay.
Personal life and marriage
On 2 May 2012, 2Face Idibia and Annie Macaulay married in Lagos, Nigeria in a private ceremony. 2face announced his marriage via his Twitter page. Annie Macaulay and 2Face had their traditional wedding on 8 March 2013 in Eket, Akwa-Ibom State Nigeria. The couple also had a white wedding in Dubai, on Saturday 23 March 2013 with Nigerian and Ghanaian celebrities all present to see the long term couple tie the knot.
2Face has established an NGO called 2Face Idibia Reach-Out Foundation. whose motto is “service to humanity”.
In 2009, 2Face was appointed as ambassador by National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control. He released a song “Man Unkind” to raise awareness on the menace of fake and sub-standard food and drug products in Nigeria. In 2009, he was presented with the prestigious International Youth Ambassador for Peace Summit and the Nigeria Youth Merit Award by the National Youth Council of Nigeria in recognition of his contributions to youth development in Nigeria. Tu Face is presently one of the Judges in The Voice Nigeria, alongside other artists like Timi Dakolo, Patoraking and Waje.
- 2004: Face 2 Face
- 2006: Grass 2 Grace
- 2008: The Unstoppable
- 2010: The Unstoppable International Edition
- 2012: Away & Beyond
- 2014: The Ascension
- “African Queen”
- “No Shaking”
- “See Me So”
- “4 Instance”
- “Enter the Place” (featuring Sound Sultan)
- “Only Me”
- True Love”
- Holy holy
- Mr senator
- “omo t”osan”
- 2face Idibia – Break The Silence Ft. Samini, Sound Sultan, Ferre Galo, Machel Montano & Others #BringBackOurGirls”
- “How e Go Be” (featuring Stanley Enow) 
- Njoku, Benjamin (27 July 2014). “2face changes name to ‘Tu-baba'”. Vanguard. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- “Know Your Naija: 10 Nigerian Stars To Watch”. MTV Iggy.
- “Rise and Rise of Tu-Face”. newswatchngr.com. 9 January 2006. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- “2Face Idibia Live in London”. YouTube. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- “Innocent Ujah Idibia (2Face)”. Idomalang.org. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- Editor. “2face Idibia working with Nelson Brown on upcoming album”. Nigerian Entertainment Today – Nigeria’s Number 1 Entertainment Daily. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- “Phat Girlz soundtrack”. Soundtrackinfo.com. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- “TuFace Checks Piracy With Classy Album Price”. tribune.com.ng. Retrieved 9 March2012.
- “2Face Idibia’s BET International “Welcome to America” Interview”. Bellanaija.com. 27 April 2011. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- “Soundcity Music Video Awards 2010 – The Winner’s Circle”. thenetng.com. 22 November 2010. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- “Fally Ipupa & Tuface Idibia lead MTV Africa Music Awards winners 2010”. museke.com. 12 December 2010. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- “Tuface Idibia opens up on why he left Kennis music”. Nigerianewsdaily.com. 28 October 2011. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- “Hands Across The World Video – ONE8 with R. Kelly”. Rnbmusicblog.com. 19 November 2010. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- Nonye Ben-Nwankwo. “Endorsement deals: New income source for celebrities”. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- “2Face Idibia Nicks Deals With NB Plc – P.M. NEWS Nigeria”. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- “STAR CELEBRATES 2FACE AT 40”. The Nation. 18 September 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- “STAR to Celebrate 2Face at 40 With All-Star Tribute Concert”. Vanguard. 17 September 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- Joey Akan (8 September 2015). “Singer announces concert to mark 40th birthday”. Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- “Tuface Idibia recuperating and fine”. nigeriavillagesquare.com. 9 October 2007. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- “2face Idibia and Annie Macaulay wed secretly”. thenetng.com. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- “Annie, anointed queen of a shooting star”. punchng.com. 17 February 2012. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- Editor. “PHOTO: 2face, Annie Idibia and daughter spotted at Dubai wedding”. Nigerian Entertainment Today – Nigeria’s Number 1 Entertainment Daily. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- “Annie Idibia Opens Hair Saloon In Atlanta”. 360nobs.com. 18 August 2015. Retrieved 18 August 2015.
- Deolu. “2face Idibia At 40: Meet The 7 Children Of 2face”. INFORMATION NIGERIA. Retrieved 2016-09-20.
- “‘2Face’ Idibia: Message behind the music”. edition.cnn.com. 29 November 2011. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- “NAFDAC appoints 2face Ambassador”. vanguardngr.com. 18 September 2009. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- “2Face Idibia and NAFDAC tackle fake and sub-standard food and drug products in Nigeria with “Man Unkind””. Bellanaija.com. 11 April 2011. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- “Human capital”. Nigeriafirst.org. 16 April 2009. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- Izuzu, Chidumga. “”The Voice Nigeria”: 2face Idibia, Waje, Timi Dakolo, Patoranking announced as judges”. pulse.ng. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- “2FACE IDIBIA – How E Go Be Ft. STANLEY ENOW”. Sound Cloud. Africa Groove. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- “2face Idibia – Enow How E Go Be ft. Stanley”. You Tube. Afro Songs. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- “New Music 2face Idibia – How E Go Be feat. Stanley Enow”. Pulse Nigeria. Ayomide O. Tayo. Retrieved 11 January 2015.