The gorgeous Nigerian performer, singer and songwriter, Niniola was born as Niniola Apata on 15 December in Ekiti State, Nigeria. The third runner-up contestant of MTN Project Fame competition, broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene with her hit single “Ibadi” in 2015 which topped many music charts both locally and internationally. There is no doubt that she is among the most promising acts in the music industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the beautiful Nigerian singer and songwriter, Niniola:
1. Niniola was born as Niniola Apata on 15 December in Ekiti State, Nigeria.
2. She completed her secondary education at Apata Memorial High School in Lagos, Nigeria.
3. During her high school days, she joined the school cultural group and participated in a number of social activities.
4. She holds a Bachelor Degree in Education from the University of Lagos.
5. She was the third runner-up in the MTN Project Fame competition in 2013.
6. She mentioned in an interview her musical inspirations are Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Celine Dion, Dolly Parton, Madonna and The Cranberries.
7. She released her first official single titled “Ibadi” produced by Sarz. The single received massive airplay in Nigeria and around the continent.
8. She has been nominated for numerous awards including the Most Promising Female Artist category at the 2015 Green Awards and also for the Most Popular Song of the Year for her single “Ibadi” at the 2015 Nemawards.
9. She won the Best Female Artiste of the Year award at the 2015 Surulere Entertainment Awards and also the Next Rated Female Artist award at the I.R.P.M Class of ’15 UNILAG Awards.
10. She is involved in a number of projects including the scholarship program which started in June 2015, “Adopt-A-Child’s-Education” project.